You have to love yourself first to attract a relationship work, or transform an existing relationship into a healthy, balanced one. I have heard this so many times and paid little attention to what it actually means. My response has always been, “But I do love myself!”.
However, when I was told the same thing for the umpteenth time recently after another failed relationship and strained ones with family and friends, I realised that I obviously do not know what it means to love, or at best like myself.
But how on earth do you love yourself? For women this is probably one of the most difficult things to do. We don’t want to seem selfish, or maybe we think we don’t deserve our own love and affection, or we are not good enough, or I am not a good person, how can I. The list of excuses is endless.
In colour language, the colour pink is a way to start liking and eventually loving yourself. Pink is the colour of love. Pink expresses the energy of unconditional or universal love, or more accurately called compassion. When we are more kind, compassionate and non-critical towards ourselves it will naturally have positive consequences for the people around us.
Here are a few tips on how to use pink to attract a relationship with yourself, improve relations with loved ones and maybe even help you to find the ONE:
1. Visualise the colour pink. Breathe it in and allow its beauty and delicateness to open your heart. It allows you to be open to other people.
2. Take a pink pen and write down 10 things you love about yourself. Also write down 10 things that you love to do and make you feel happy.
3. Wear a pink hat, top or shirt. When you wear pink you are trying to build self-worth, self-love and self-nurturing. Other people perceive you as a compassionate and loving person who is considerate and patient. The laws of attraction will do the rest!
4. If you are looking for a relationship write down the qualities that you would like in a person.
5. Wear pink crystals like rose quartz. Make sure you ask for the right person. If not, you could end up with a host of unsuitable people!